Thursday, October 8, 2026

These Folks Really Need Your Help For Shelter & Food

Hello Everyone We hope you’re doing well. We started a fundraiser on GoFundMe and it would mean so much if you could take a look at it. Any help, like donating or sharing, gets us closer to my goal. Thank you in advance for your kindness and support. yes we were trying to originally raise just $900 but we still need more than that if you can help we sincerely appreciate it just go to this link below and donate if you can we are working with local housing authority programs but it's a bit of a process even if you're homeless nothing goes any faster sadly. I need to keep my insulin refridgerated being that I am a type 1 diabetic with hypoglycemia unawareness which means I'm not aware of when my blood sugar is going low which is why I have someone with me and I am also completely blind totally in my right and about thirty percent in my left, homeless shelters are filled and they won't accept a diabetic due to having to keep medication refridgerated we just need a little more help we need to stay in a motel for another two weeks three weeks tops every donation helps us out as i'm on a small fixed income and motel stays for a week are averaging approximately $700 a week. So we kindly thank you for your generosity and kindness with any help you can give thank you so much. More bad news on the horizon for me is that being a diabetic everyone realizes that people do need to eat as well well being that I am on SSDI and only get paid once a month between your generous donations i've had to pay for some of the motel stays in these last two weeks and the small month income I get has paid for these first two weeks but not sure where we are going to go for the next two weeks and the Foodstamps office has decided to give me now only $25 a month as I had to recertify and because I do not have a utility bill, or a copy of a lease to where i'm currently living they cut me to the $25 when I was making to feed us up till now I got $298 how is $25 supposed to feed the two of us we've been able to get for this week 2 loaves of bread some peanut butter and fluff along with some milk and that is supposed to last us 31 days according to the folks over at the foodstamp office so if anyone can help us with any type of donation it is greatly appreciated as we need to have shelter due to my situation and we need food so I don't continue to have low blood sugars daily as it is right now one peanut butter and fluff sandwhich with either some milk or tap water is not really sufficient for someone in my situation. We thank you all graciously for your kindness and generosity. We appreciate anything you can do to help us out. as I am a Type 1 Diabetic with Hypoglycemia Unawareness which means I do not know when i'm having a low blood sugar and I also need to keep my insulin refridgerated, plus being almost completely blind navigating dark streets are not easy for me either so not only do I appreciate everything but Amy does as well too as she helps me with everything she can she is my godsent angel. Link to gofundme Page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/donate-to-extend-their-motel-stay-in-holyoke-after-eviction?attribution_id=sl:4a669447-edd3-4b8b-910c-64026380896a&lang=en_US&ts=1789931982&utm_campaign=man_sharesheet_dash&utm_content=amp30-treatment-1&utm_medium=customer&utm_source=email Sincerely Ed Wrobleski & Amy Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment